A final round 71 placed Chawrasia in the history books as the first Indian to defend a European Tour title.
SSP Chawrasia started the day tied for the lead as he completed the final 7 holes of his weather interrupted third round, before carding a 71 in the final round to secure victory at the Hero Indian Open.
— The European Tour (@EuropeanTour) March 12, 2017
Armed with TaylorMade metalwoods, Chawrasia finished the day 7 shots ahead of fellow TaylorMade staff professional Gavin Green. Utilising the All-New 2017 M1 3 wood, Chawrasia impressed off the tee hitting 76.8% of fairways on a golf course that demanded accuracy and precision.
“This is probably my best win of my career as it was a really tough course. This week, I made less mistakes and others made more mistakes”.
– SSP Chawrasia, 2017 Hero Indian Open Champion
What’s In The Bag:
M2 Driver / 10.5 degrees / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6-S
2017 M1 Fairway / 15 degrees / Graphite Design Tour AD TP 7-S
M1 Fairway / 17 degrees / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7-X
With This Win:
- Marks the 10th win in 9 weeks globally for TaylorMade Golf
- His fourth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 188th official European Tour event.
- Moves to 289,309 points in the Race to Dubai.
- Becomes the first Indian in European Tour history to successfully defend a European Tour title.
- Continues with his incredible record in the Hero Indian Open since the event became part of the European Tour International Schedule in 2015. In 2015 he finished second and first in 2016 and 2017.
Rob Brooks @golfnation_