The MoMentum Continues as New 2017 M Drivers collect their FIFTH consecutive global win on Tour.
Fabrizio Zanotti finished birdie, eagle to sign for a final round 63 as he clinched victory in the Maybank Championship in Malaysia over American and fellow TaylorMade stable mate David Lipsky.
Starting the day 6 shots adrift, Zanotti made his way through the field, armed the all-new 2017 M1 440 Driver. The final round 63 secured victory for Zanotti as David Lipsky, who had held the lead for most of the back nine had to settle for par on the 72nd. Playing with the all-new 2017 M2 Driver, Lipsky finished 1 shot adrift of Zanotti, securing a TaylorMade 1-2. This win came in only his second start at the Maybank Championship and is his 4th career win as a professional. Zanotti has now secured his European Tour card until the end of 2019.
What You Need To Know:
- Zanotti plays the all-new 2017 M1 440 Driver 9.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 X
Win in Malaysia marks the FIFTH Consecutive global win on Tour for TaylorMade’s new 2017 M Drivers
- Zanotti moves to 461,689 points in the Race to Dubai.
- Could move to inside the top 90 in the Official World Golf Ranking from 187th.
- Zanotti’s first European Tour victory since the 2014 BMW International Open.
- This victory beats his previous best finish since his 2014 triumph of tied second in the 2015 British Masters.
- Zanotti began the final day six shots behind the 54 hole leader. This is the largest final round comeback by a winner of the 2017 season.
- Zanotti becomes the third winner this season to make up a final round deficit.
- Zanotti’s final round of 63 (-9) is the lowest final round by a winner in relation to par since 2016 Nedbank Golf Challenge – Nov 16.
Fabrizio Zanotti – What’s in the Bag:
- 2017 M1 440 Driver / 9.5 / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 X
- M2 Fairway / 15 / Mitsubishi-Rayon Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 TX
- M2 Fairway / 18 / Mitsubishi-Rayon Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 TX
- RSi UDI / 20 / Precision Pxi 6.5
- Tour Preferred UDI / 23 / Precision Pxi 6.5
- PSi Tour Irons 5-PW / Precision Pxi 6.5
- Tour Preferred EF wedges / 52 / 58
David Lipsky – What’s in the Bag:
- 2017 M2 Driver / 9.5 / Graphite Design Tour AD M 9003 X
- M2 Fairway / 15 / Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75 X
- M2 Fairway / 18 / Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75 X
- Psi Tour 4 Iron / FST KBS Tour C-Taper 125 S+
- Tour Preferred MB Irons 5-PW / FST KBS Tour C-Taper 125 S+
- Tour Preferred X Ball
- adidas Golf Footwear and Apparel
Rob Brooks @golfnation_