Chappell’s playoff victory at the Valero Texas Open marks first career PGA TOUR win and the 22nd win for TaylorMade drivers this season across worldwide Tours.
Using a powerful combination of his M1 driver and M1 fairway woods off the tee, Chappell became victorious in the Lone Star State after finishing with an impressive 4.383 Strokes Gained: Off The Tee. Even more striking was his confident final-round performance, wrapping things up with 71.43% driving accuracy on Sunday.
What You Need To Know:
- The win earned Chappell his first PGA TOUR victory.
- Including Chappell, 7 of the top-10 finishers played TaylorMade metalwoods.
- Chappell had 6 runner-up finishes on the PGA TOUR prior this week.
- This was Chappell’s first win in 180 starts.
- Chappell tested all metalwood manufacturers after last year’s Tour Championship, ultimately choosing TaylorMade after a week extensive testing with his coach.
- Moves to 21st in the 2017 FedExCup Standings.
- Lifts to #23 in the OWGR with victory.
- With 77 in play, TaylorMade dominated the driver count at 49.4%.
Kevin Chappell’s Winning Metalwoods Setup:
- ’16 M1 460 driver / 10.5° / Aldila 2KNV Blue 75TX.
- ’17 M1 fairway / 15° / Aldila 2KNV Blue 85TX.
- ‘17 M1 fairway / 19° / Aldila 2KNV Blue 85TX.
When the hard work pays off. 🏆 pic.twitter.com/HKshckuGhQ
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) April 23, 2017
Rob Brooks @golfnation_