Powered by a bag filled with TaylorMade clubs and golf ball, Rose cards final round 67 to erase 8-shot deficit, matching the third-largest comeback victory in PGA TOUR history.
What You Need To Know:
– Rose’s victory is the 29th on worldwide tours for TaylorMade’s new ’17 drivers, far outpacing the next closest manufacturer.
– This was the ninth win this season for the new TP5/TP5X ball. Dustin Johnson, Si-Woo Kim, Jon Rahm and Xander Schauffele have also won this year with the new golf ball.
– The win is Rose’s eighth victory on the PGA TOUR.
– The eight-stroke deficit to claim victory is a career-best for Rose and a World Golf Championships record.
– Rose plays a combo set with a P790 4-iron and 5-PW in the P730 “Rose Proto”. His shafts are KBS Tour C-Taper 125S+
– This is Rose’s second World Golf Championships win. He also won the 2012 Mexico Championship.
Justin Rose’s WITB at the HSBC-Champions:
– M1 2017 Driver / 9.5* / TPT
Justin recently put a new shaft in his driver made specifically for him by TPT Golf.
– M2 2016 Fairway / 15* / MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 80TX
– M1 2016 Fairway / 19* / MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 80TX
– P790 (4 iron) / KBS Tour C-Taper 125S+
– P730 “Rose Proto” / 5-PW/ KBS Tour C-Taper 125S+
– Milled Grind Wedges / 52-09, 56-12 & 60-10) / KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 135X
– TP Red Ardmore 2, double-bend hosel
Rob Brooks @golfnation_