Justin Rose successfully defended a title for the first time in his career by winning the Turkish Airlines Open in a dramatic playoff with fellow TaylorMade stablemate athlete Haotong Li. Rose’s 1st European Tour win of the season, his 11th European Tour career win and 20th for TaylorMade’s M3 & M4 Drivers in 2018.
What you need to know:
- With Rose’s win, TaylorMade’s 2018 M Drivers featuring Twist Face Technology now have victories in 20 tournaments worldwide this year, outpacing any other manufacturer this season.
- It was a 1-2 finish for Twist Face Technology, with runner-up and fellow TaylorMade Staff player Haotong Li using an M4 driver.
- Rose returns to World #1 in the OWGR after initially taking top spot after winning the FedEx Cup earlier this year.
- This is Rose’s 11th European Tour career win and 2nd Rolex Series Event title, alongside being the first title Justin has successfully defended in his career. Justin moves to 3rd in the Race to Dubai standings.
- Rose plays an 8.5° M3 440 driver equipped with a Mitsubishi Tensei CK 60TX, Justin averaged 295.8 yards off the tee for the tournament.
- Rose, as he has for most of the season played a P790 4 iron before transitioning into the P730 irons (5-9). Rose has them equipped with KBS Tour C-Taper 125 S+ shafts (4-7) and KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 135X shafts (8-9)
- Rose’s wedge setup remains largely unchanged; he plays the Milled Grind in 48°, 52° & 56° lofts, as well as a 60° Hi-Toe, which has been TaylorMade’s most sought after wedge on Tour. All equipped with KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 135X shafts
- Rose has put faith in his TP Red Ardmore 2 putter all season, which he feels best suits his eye on the greens. He averaged 28 putts per round, putting him in 6th for the tournament week.
Justin Rose’s Winning Bag at the Turkish Airlines Open:
M3 440 | 9° | Mitsubishi Tensei CK 60TX
M4 Fairway | 15° | Mitsubishi Tensei CK 80TX
M3 Fairway | 19° | Mitsubishi Tensei CK 80TX
P790 4 Iron | KBS Tour C-Taper 125 S+
P730 Rose Proto Irons | 5-9 | KBS Tour C-Taper 125 S+
Milled Grind Wedges | 48°, 52° & 56° and 60° Hi-Toe | KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 135X
TP5 Golf Ball
Rob Brooks @golfnation_